Saturday, December 19, 2009

Two Tonne Annie... errr Rosé

Rosé is due anytime between today and Christmas day.

Her "loin waist" went from 16"  to 22" ... and the biggest part of the stomach is now 25.5". 

Now this is a girl who is not quite 14 3/4" in height. (at the withers) When lying down...she is double the width of her mother Rayna AND she is now carrying a pretty hefty size "udder" in the rear quarter.  So right now when she walks... she looks similar to a Dachshound - belly really close to the floor.

Eddie says she looks like a walking "Old Medical Doctor's bag"

She has become a very picky and small eater for the last 2 nights ... but won't put her nose up to some nice warm rice.... morsels of chicken and an evening snack of plain yogurt.


At my feet.... most of the time giving me that look. 
Kinda like the one I gave to my husband in my last trimestre with both my kids.
I do feel for her - internal movements, pressure on the bladder... pressure on the diaphram... hard to breathe at times... ah yes those were the days.




There is no waisteline here.

5 comments:

Cool Design Shelties said...

Good luck with delivery. Looking forward to hear how many puppies she will have :o)

//Bente

Linda said...

Sounds like a humungous litter of babies are coming for Christmas, has Rose seen the thermometer yet? Can hardly wait to see the new little ones.

Shelties kennel said...

Good luck for the future mother !!!

Pennylynn said...

Hi Bente. I'm looking forward to it too! Exciting times indeed.

Linda... she has seen the thermometer and she is cool with it... she is now lifting her tail up everytime I put her on the "carpet"... LOL!!

EWA is that you? How are you? Long time no talk. Thank you for you well wishes... I shall pass them on to her.

Shelties kennel said...

Yes Pennylynn it is me :). So we did not talk long time. I'm fine, thanks. You have really great blog !