Saturday, March 13, 2010

She works hard for the money

 have been asked to design a website with a Medievel essance to it.  Without having to purchase images (can become very expensive) and I don't STEAL images from the web and incorporate them into this site.... I had to think and plan this all out.  **smell the smoke**

Medievel?  Castles, fancy carvings....rock.....  DOWNTOWN OTTAWA!

This is perfect.  I work downtown. DOH!  In fact I work very close to my employer who runs the country by the way.  So what's a girl to do on her lunch break, now that her "friends" have abandoned her cause she doesn't smoke any longer? Take a walk - I'm only 2 blocks away from the Parliament buildings. 

I took lots of snaps of interesting designs to hopefully incorporate into my clients site.   I shall share some with you.  This is very different from taking pictures of dogs... but I must say... I enjoyed the "hunt".  I may have gone overboard... but I just couldn't stop....














One of Canada's memorable sons.  Terry Fox









God those colours remind me of the 80's....


The next day.... I headed out again towards the Downtown Market on George street.  Vendors galore there in the summer selling fresh veggies and fruit.  Right now... just people selling maple syrup and those with crafts and flowers.


The reason for going.... Dead smack in the middle of all this kaos....is my favourite place in the whole wide world to pick up a few groceries... - 6 blocks away from work.... La Bottega.


The finest Italian Shop in Ottawa... next to it's daddy - Nicastros.... aahhhhhh Bonjourno Bella!

I feel all warm and tingly when I go there.  The food is to die for.  Fresh breads (Pane), fresh deli meats, fresh cheeses!!!  Olive oils by the truckloads, from all over italy.... pastas.... yum yum yum

My bread stop (Rosettes and Cirole and some artisian garlic bun - party in your mouth!)


On the way there.... a few interesting object images were taken, and we pass the Chateau Laurier... just soooo beautiful.  This is my favourite building... even as a kid - It's just reminds me of a princess's Castle.






2 comments:

anamchara1 said...

What a great thumbnail sketch of Ottawa's rich history, to say nothing of the culinary attractions!

Shelamo Shelties said...

What a great way to spend one's lunch hour! Just had top pop in and say, for those elsewhere viewing this, that Terry Fox's parents had the honour of carrying the torch into the stadium on Sunday for our Vancouver Paralympics. OUR BIG Olympics is now over, however these folks now in the games, deserve as much recognition from the world for over coming their handicap.

Look forward to this website Penny, am sure you will do a SUPERB job as always!