Sunday, April 11, 2010

Making my way to the American Nationals

Well, not physically ..... I don't have a passport yet....**hanging head in shame***  BUT I"M WORKING ON IT!  :)

Laura Thomspon of Zesta Shelties, Alberta Canada sent me a pic of the  5' x 3' banner that I had designed for her a few months back.  Here it hangs at the 2010 American Nationals (Grooming area?) in Tucson.  **texas accent**  It's real purty folks.

Her accompanying email stated that the magnets and business cards were a great success too.  I like hearing feedback like that. - Thanks Laura! 


It's has always been exciting for me, to see my designs at events. You rarely see the end products of promotional material as a designer.  Yes the instant gratification for websites and web site ads is there, but designing for print material and designing for web are completely different. 

**we interupt this programming for a brief message from our sponsor***

Do you suffer from having images on the web that take forever for your clients to download.... and they are at 300 DPI.  GET THEM OFF!   Did you know most people will scan your site within 27 seconds of a page loading... and guess what... if they see nothing... they leave.  Don't know how to downsize your web images???  Call me - I will help ya out  FREE.  Yes that's right... no obligations, no hidden fees.... just all round - I'm a helpful person -  The file should only be 72 - 96 dpi. 300 is for print matter.

** we now go back to our regularly schedualed programming***

My former work as a graphic designer, lead me to having my designs being the backdrop of many environmental events and Global events.  Once in particular was a 10' Kiosk booth with Mr. Gretsky addressing a crowd.  I will have to find that one and post it..... I was tickled pink when a college sent me the pick.

2 comments:

Jo Ann said...

Very nice Penny !! You know I am a fan ;-)

Jo Ann

Chris said...

Wow! The banner looks fantastic! Like a Sheltie billboard :)