Monday, August 2, 2010

Renovations 2010 underway

My dad, who is retired, hates to sit down and do nothin' , he will go out of his mind.  Knowing that I have been talking about a dog room in the garage for over 4 years, has approached Eddie and I and has asked if he could take his time and build a much needed room for the dogs.   Thank you Dad!

After purchasing the wood, we found out the walls were not insulated behind the drywall, so we have to take all that down and go out and get some styrophome and insulation and plastic barriers  - about a grand total of over $1, 000 later... the renovations are now starting!

I forgot to take pics before the "garage stuff" had been moved or disposed of , but here is what it looks like right now.









Strapping, Insulation and Styrophome (spelling???)

The wood


Dad will be with us for about 3 weeks.  Best get some potatoes, and meat.  (Boring meals - but I got to make my daddy happy - he won't take $ for his time and labour!)

No comments: