Sunday, June 19, 2011

Best Bred by Exhibitor for Group 7 Herding Dogs

I normally don't pay too much attention to "special shows" that occur during actual dog shows... for instance, this weekend I did not realize that there was a bred by exhibitor "competition" on Saturday.  I normally always put one of my dogs in that class, being new to the breeding community, I want to showcase what I have acheived so far.



Anyhow.  Charlotte and I entered the Kingston show under the Bred by exhibitor class on Saturday and Sunday.. and we were able to come away with the Best of Bred by for Group 7 dogs!  This occured at around 11:00 a.m.  Then we had to stay till after BIS... which was at around 5:15 p.m.  It made for a long day.  Thanks Tina, Taylor and Tyler for waiting for me to compete at days end.

At around 5:45... the Best of all groups competed for Best of Best. The BIS Judge had just awarded a Group 3rd and Best Puppy in Show to Maureen Lynch's little Breeze (a sheltie). Chances of a judge choosing a sheltie again is almost nil..... but Charlotte showed her little heart out, did so well in the ring..... but to no avail.. the little terrier took the prize.

That being said... Group 7 winner - that's me -  got a $50 certificate which I spent on thinning sheers, parachute chokers and 2 water dishes... and we have a big Green Ribbon to hang in Charlotte's spot!


Charlotte is now going to give it a little rest, as she has blown her coat.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Way to go!

Yea Charlotte for showing so well and winning a gift certificate for your Mommies!

Cindy said...

awww so proud of Charlotte. Congrats Penny. Can't believe she is ready to be bred already, Axel is still my puppy ...
BTW started agility and he loves it. He loves to run, so as long as I'm running, he does everything I ask ... way cool!!