Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A letter from Hobbes (Rio's Brother) to Me.

I just want you to know that I have had a very challenging day! This morning as it was -30C I did not get my mountain walk with my owner. I think that she and I are both a bit sick of this cold, more her than me. I have a very warm coat and love it outside I must say! After whining non stop in the car on our morning taxi services run, I find myself not playing my favourite game of SOCCER (yes, you know you can play this in the snow, I've tried and it's fun!), but instead she carried me to the basement to that grooming table which Samantha found in a store someplace. Yes, it's a nice and proper table, but its for GROOMING! Ugh. I prefer soccer.

My feet were trimmed, top, bottom, sides, the whole bit. My legs were trimmed, my hair was raked and brushed for so long that I was about to jump off many times but she, the owner, kept a nice hold on me so I could not escape. Luckily, daddy likes rastafarian ears, so, she left my ears alone this time around. OK, I was beautiful at the end, but, aren't I always beautiful? Especially with those boots which they put on me when we walk in this cold and messy weather, people ALWAYS tell me that I'm beautiful. All the time in fact. So why do I need to be groomed for 45 minutes?

In fact, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL is one of my favourite sets of words. After SOCCER and DINNER that is. Hmmm... which order? Dinner I suppose comes first. Then Treat then food, then training (because it includes food) and then soccer even though there is no food involved. Ah but to be beautiful... I suppose I don't really care.

Then, she took me to get my nails trimmed! Can you believe it? On this frigid cold and snowy day. Yikes. Ok, the lady there is faster than my owner and they give nice treats, so although I pretend to hate going, it's not that bad.

Then! we stopped on the way home so she could get her hair cut. I've never been to a beauty parlour before but I had to sit there, quietly, the whole time. Good thing it was fast and also a small place. I panted non stop, nervous, yes. What if I were next? What if she leaves me here? I was thrilled when the word HOME came in to the conversation.

Back home I climbed up on to Hobbes' Hill, now about 8' tall at least, and pretty steep (but I'm quick and strong), and I barked for 20 minutes, just talking with my two neighbours. I don't know why she always brings me inside when I'm just having a conversation. But something about annoying the neighbours...

Then, yes, I collapsed. That was an exhausting morning! I did not get to sleep until 1pm and yet I was up at 7am. Yikes. Good thing her grandmother left her this couch. It's the most comfortable bed I have and yes, I can keep my eye on her. Not sure what she's doing now, but something silly on that computer I suppose.

Happy Weekend, to my other mom. HOpe my brother is doing well. Send him my dreamy regards.

xo

Hobbes

PS, I look a little ruffled - sorry, my hair do might need poofing up a bit later this evening...

No comments: