Sunday, June 21, 2009

When It Rains, It Shines

It was a very long day Saturday in Kingston, the rain did not let up.

The Show started at 2:50 that afternoon, and we (my daughter and mother) reached the grounds at around 1:00. - Need I remind everyone that the matress in the motel was not ideal for my back..... and tossing and turning all night and then having to get up at the 4:00 a.m. routine to feed Rose did not help the day go any faster.

I tried my best to groom Rosé but considering it was raining... how much could you do, in the back of a Caravan - . I carried her over so that her feet would not get wet and full of muck but ... everyone's feet got mucky in the ring anyways....so whhat was the point.




Rosé didn't pull any stops today... her attention and show attitude was very present. Under Judge J. Ireland Rosé was awarded Winner's Bitch (5pts), Best of Winners, Best of Breed Bred By an Exhibitor, Best of Breed and then placed 4th in Herding Group. It finished at around 5:20.

That was a long time for her to be on her feet and running around without a rest..... so once we got back to the motel.... she CRASHED!! - yes ON the bed. ON my pillow. She didn't hear all the clicking and be bothered with the flashes.... She is sooooo gone!




Good Night Rosé - I think she is dreaming about her successful day... she has a smile on her face...... "You did really good today my baby girl... I'm so proud! "

I was very happy with my placement Friday and Sunday. Although not going further than the class placement (first place in the Bred by Exhibitor Class) I was amoungst known sheltie breeders and to have Placed first..... I'm speechless and feel honoured.

Here are some other pics from the weekend.... All pictures are taken from my "Manager Miss BMW" LOL!


This is my Roadie / handler / daughter.
She helps me soooo much with all the setting and tearing down of stuff.
She also keeps me grounded, and makes me laugh all the time.


Friday - we start to get our tent set up and grooming supplies out.
Rosé is just chillin out before she get's her make up on. She is such a Natural Beauty though! (**whispering** she is my fav out of the litter)

Great Rear!


This pic looks like I'm doing a Jig... Not appealing at all.
Not sure if Rosé is laughing at me or just having fun with me.
She is really happy in the ring.

See her concentration....

2 comments:

Laureate said...

Congratulations on your successful weekend! Love the pictures of Rose on the pillow!

Kim

Pennylynn said...

I must have like 50 of them, all in bad lighting, but not once did she wake up with the click click sounds, or the zooming in or with the flash.. she was OUT!

Thanks Kim... and a congrats to you too, your choice for Ray was indeed a very very good one ! Hope you had a good weekend with your dad!