Friday, April 16, 2010

Lord Thunderin' - when it rains it pours

Kay, long story short.  10 months ago, the back end of my van seized.  Smoke, Squeeking... blah blah blah... under warranty, replaced calipers, rotors, breakpads.... etc etc.  Just before  that, modual had to be replaced, could not start van, no power.  Blowers replaced, heat fans not working correctly.... Suggestion to purchase an extended warranty because...  so yup.... $3680.00 later... an extended warranty.  Folks.  I purchased a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan stow and go, fully loaded, BRAND NEW in May 2008.

Heading to toronto 2 days ago to pick up Rayna....  on 401 at Oshawa - 4 hrs into my journey**  rigs blowing their horns at me, eventually heard a squealing sound.... pulled over... blue smoke... made it to dodge that **THANK GOD** was near by.  No parts available, quick fix... run along little girl your botherin' me and get if fixed ASAP in Kanata - here are the instructions for them.

Kanata (CAPITAL DODGE - NEAR SCOTIABANK PLACE), next day.... wait 2 1/2hours.  Go to vending machine, to have a bag of chips, corner of bag gets stuck on the"twirly thing"....  yup... I stand there looking at the bag through glass.  Do I kick it?  Punch it?  Nope...I cry.  Go to sales guy... crying may I add... "My chips are stuck in the machine".... he gets my chips purchasing another bag... his bag got stuck too...  I sniffed, looked at him... and went to sit down to eat my chips.  $58.00 later - there is nothing wrong with your van.  What?

Nope, there is nothing wrong with your van. Everything is fine.   Call me if there is more noise, or smells, or smoke.

?????????????????????????????  Call Dodge Canada..  Not much help, other than... "Well, maybe you want to get a second opinion?" - Yup, I call Southbank

Head down to Southbank Dodge:  The "garage foreman" is the guy that was formally from Kanata... and served me the first time with the tire incident... lucky day huh? Knows the history well, cause I cried the first time too.  (I cry cause I am angry - I should not have problems with a new vehicle , eerr lemon!)


He is concerned as a saftey issue... and is keeping the van till about Tuesday to find out WHY and doing replacements.

I get a rent-a-car... free... so me driving a 2010 FORD 150 extendacab.. **tim allen voice**

Got home... Ed comes in.... he has what looks like a broken foot! lucky day huh? His ankle is the size of a Softball.

yup. Going to pick up son at co-op - order lonestar take out.... go home.... and not emerse till Monday

How is your week going?

2 comments:

Shelamo Shelties said...

OMG Penny! Hard to believe as we own the same van and no issues like this, TG. Week, not quite as bad, at least not in a danger situation ... tho still waiting with more appts on Sears to figure out why our 1.5 yr old furnace continues with mssg 'System Malfunction'.

anamchara1 said...

Did you look up your horoscope, by any chance?? It didn't say anything about keeping close to home, or smoking vehicles, or anything like that?? Sheesh, girl, let's hope your luck turns around FAST!!