Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Catching up ....

Before I start... just wanted to say.  When I was out in Kingston showing for Linda Howie, I was able to take a photo of the winning ribbons for the specialty show.  Mike Lynch kept asking me if I had seen the ribbons... and I could see them in the box.  I looked at him as to say, yes I see the ribbons... and I hope I get one!...... but he kept saying... No... did you SEE the ribbons... so I went and looked at them.  The logo I had created for the Eastern Ontario and quebec Sheltie Fanciers was on the face of the button..... a proud moment for me. They were quite pretty.

School's out... and shows are just around the corner... actually this upcoming weekend is our first, out in Chateauguay Quebec with the "Rock n' Roll Sista's" .   The camp site is actually one of our fav spots... it's nice and quiet.... tall trees.... man made lake.... swimming pools.  ...  and the shows are across the street... kinda sorta.

We need to do some catching up on chores.  I have been so busy with trying to nail this job down, that I have not been the nicest person to hang around with, nor the "housewife" with chores... so as I await my destiny... I shall clean.

First line of business......


We had to open up the trailer, ensure mice or rodents hadn't gotten in, put in batteries for the carbon monoxide and fire alarms, flush out the lines, etc etc....  air out the matresses.... place the fresh linens... etc etc... do inventory of plates, cutlery and stuff.

Brianna has asked Eddie (her dad) if she can work with him sometimes during the summer to make some cash.  With Tyler hoping to get a job from his co-op placement (LoneStar), there may be more work than she thinks.  To start her off....  cut the lawn Bria! 


Yahooooo.... she loved this.  First time cutting grass with the lawn mower!  (She is 15 and mature enough to handle this now)


Tee hee... she caught me taking pics of her....

Kay, mom.... outta the way please....
As she passed me (I was lying on the ground), I ended up with major grass cuttings in my hair!! Thanks Brianna!


Miss charlotte is wondering what the heck is going on and what the ruckus is ?
She is now with her dam and portia in the "big girl" section of our kennel.

Where is my mommy?
 

LOL!  yes your my mommy, but I meant, my human mommy....


That is funny!


Even Portia thinks soooooo


Strike a pose!

Portia's fur is starting to come in... this is only about 1/2 of what she carries...

2 comments:

Shelamo Shelties said...

The ribbon buttons turned out awesome Penny. Bri ... what a way to learn to drive, and standard too I hope. I learnt on a farm tractor and the hard way - jack knifed a load of hay on a hill!

anamchara1 said...

Really cute pics of the girls, especially Portia's scrunchy smiley face :). Good luck with your new job prospect!!