Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Loss of a pup

It was a very long night last night with the delivery of Portia's single pup, to unfortunately end the evening in tears and try to comfort a very confused friend, Portia.  It broke my heart to see her nesting and searching.

This morning and evening, Portia is still not eating and trying to bury her food.  She is also walking under my feet and wanting to be near me 24/7.  She looks at me with her eyes as if she is looking for answers as to why? And I feel helpless that i can't tell her.... cause I don't know why myself.  I just hug her and tell her she is a good girl...and go for a walk with her.  Today a few naps with her on my bed.  We both feel a loss,,, I'm sure her - more than, although I can't stop thinking of him.

He will be buried with his 1/2 brother and cousin the Grinch.

As much as there is pain, there is also joy.  Tyler took a few pics of the pups yesterday afternoon.  He just showed them to me... and I must say, he is enjoying his new camera.  He took beautiful pictures that made me smile and cry all at the same time.

Rosé's pups are a week old today.

Yup.  The boy

Brother and sister
There is something about this boy that Tyler likes too.



A hugger to boot!

Female 2

Brother and Sister 1

8 comments:

Barb said...

Penny, Portia and family...there are no words that can heal the loss, know that you are in our thoughts. Penny give yourself and Portia a hug from us....Barb, Steve, Jen, Remi and Logen.

Pennylynn said...

Thank you Barb. It means alot. Hugs back to you and your family.

Chris said...

Penny, We're so very sorry to hear about Portia's little one. My heart goes out to you both at such a difficult time.
All our love,
Chris and Kathy

Linda said...

Penny and Portia, so sorry for the loss, its never easy. My heart goes out to you and your girl Portia.

Cindy said...

Penny, so sorry that Portia lost her pup ... poor girl. You both must be heartbroken, so sorry for your loss. Please give Portia a big hug from us, so sad, poor girl

Shelamo Shelties said...

Penny, life throws us curves in this breeding world that break us to pieces, and the WHYs are the hardest thing to understand and cope with. I am just glad I could be there for you, even if it was hugs coming from the end of the phone. More hugs your way across cyberspace. That new boy looks special!

Linda said...

I was so sad to hear what happened. It must have been very difficult to understand and to deal with. Very sad.

anamchara1 said...

Such a shame to lose your singleton, Penny. It's a very good thing that Portia has your comfort and support ... and vice-versa!