Friday, October 1, 2010

Daddy don't know... what your Mamma's going to do tonight.

I love that song from the Band "Toronto".  Anyways this is not what the blog is about.

By now, IF my dad actually reads the blogs I do, he will find out that his eldest daughter has gone and had a tattoo done by his 2nd cousin's youngest son - Richard Morrissette.... does that make us 3rd cousins?  DAD ARE YOU READING THIS?????

Anyhow, tonight I took the plunge ( I have been thinking about this for a long long time - 20+ years) and I have finally found the tattoo that has meaning to me. 

The Celtic Cross symbolizes my christian faith, my husbands ancestory (my kids now too), the fleur de lis, my french heritage, the ribbon... so many meanings, strength, hope, courage, and to remember my mother in law who lost her battle October 2nd, 2006, and I guess hope that my daughter and grand daughters, sisters and mother, friends and family don't ever get diognosed with it.
Stencil of tattoo


Colours of ink

excited and scared at the same time

And it starts

Can't move

No looking back... it's all good





Celctic Cross, Fleur de lis on top, ribbon in centre

Tears of joy, happiness, and a little bit of pain.

Thanks Brianna for taking all the pictures.

Can't wait to see what you and Tyler choose in the near futre. 

2 comments:

Chris said...

What beautiful symbolism in your tattoo!

It sure looks like it hurt...you're a brave girl Penny!

Pennylynn said...

The actual tatoo was a weird sensation, the major discomfort was when he went back over a colour he already did when he added the white hightlights of the cross - that was waaaaay sensitive as you can see by my eyes. No tears... but watery. The after discomfort felt like a major sunburn... tight tight tight.