Saturday, February 13, 2010

I got edumacated!

My website will be going through another major overhaul in the next few weeks and I will blame it on everything I have learned in the past 2 Fridays at the University of Ottawa's Professional Training Services.

I have successuflly completed 12 training hours in the professional development workshop of "Writing for a Web Site that Shines" .  This was a fantastic course.  It truly is a complement to the technical side of what I do..... this is for Content!  What the audience really wants.  Got my brain thinking.

I will be brief - One of the things I learned:  Lengthy sections of text that need to be addressed.  People scan text... looking for key words and then the links to find what they are looking for.  They don't really read all the stuff you put up there.....so ..... cut your text by 1/2.  Look at it.... and then cut it by 1/2 AGAIN.

That being said.  I have said enough......off to change my site!

4 comments:

Shelamo Shelties said...

OOOH, OH!!! Look out the 'demon' just got let out :)

Can't wait for the over haul!!! Bring your 'brain' next time you're over, 'cause I'm going to PICK it!
Maureen

Laureate said...

Good for you...sounds like it was fun. Looking forward to the new look.

Cool Design Shelties said...

Looking forward to the new look :o)

//Bente

Linda said...

Wow can hardly wait to see your expertise and your new look.......when will we get to see the preview?